View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:26 PM

Private

DeadMilkman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Component.txt Knowledge Base

Imperator Fyron, you are correct, as I said, my brain isn't what it used to be
The formula you suggest would cause a 10kt drop in space every level, which would make the component 0kt at level 5, and then it would go into negatives after that. The reason I divided it by 7 is it would spread the reduced component size across the 20 research levels at roughly 1/3 intervals ending with a final component size of 20Kt, although I am considering dividing it by 6 instead which theoretically would cause levels 19 and 20 to result in a 10Kt component.

Quote:
President_Elect_Shang said:
Actually int is one of the functions called from the main string. Thus far everything I have tried from the main string works; once I figured how to use it that is. Now I am not saying everything there works, just that the ones I have used have all worked. Another possibility is that int works but not with components.

Hay DeadMilkMan, did you try “int()” or “Int()” because int is nothing to SE5 but Int() [notice the capital I] means round toward zero I believe. Round() should round off to the nearest whole number if that is what you want.
Nope, I've only tried int not Int, will give it a shot when I get a chance, round may work fine too, will check it out.

Thanks.