View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Captain

CUnknown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Dominions of Khaldun

I have nothing against KoW, I'm sure it's a fun game. It just didn't appeal to me personally.

I'm just saying it's too bad that Kohan I never truely got a sequal. KoW can't be considered a real successor to Kohan due to the huge differences in gameplay and "feel." It may very well be an excellent game in its own right, but it wasn't made in the same spirit as the original.

Kohan I was revolutionary and "avant-garde" if I can use that expression, heh. Kohan II may have been excellently done, but it lacks these qualities. It is more in line with mainstream RTSs like Warcraft.

Excist, by "KAG people" if you mean the KAG community as a whole, I agree with you. I always found it to be poisonous, even hostile, at times. Especially with regards to newbies (they were pretty much shunned) and people who didn't do things the way everyone else did them (like me). For such a revolutionary game, the people who played it were incredibly dogmatic and unaccepting of new things/ideas/people.

They pretty much didn't accept you unless you were a "vet".. I was never really accepted as a "vet" even though I started in the early KIS days and played on and off until after KoW came out (sometimes mostly off, I admit). At my best I thought I was pretty decent, although at my worst I'm sure I was horrible. Anyway.

Sorry to hijack this thread! (waits to be told not to post anymore)