View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:23 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Admin Re: SPWW2 handicaps vs AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
We were hoping to start hearing from both sides Re:Z-fire ......ALL we have heard up to now are people complaining about it......not a lot of people but it's a theme that re-appears
Z fire is perfectly valid needed in many cases like firing through smoke that just dropped at a known enemy or firing at an inseen hex to provoke a reaction or detect if it becomes more suppresed.
Due to game mechanics it should probably be penalised because we can react instantly, use till detected then switch instantly to aimed fire as an example.

Your suggestion to penalise ammo use & possibly shots hence movement makes sense to me despite a post saying some Z fire does not use extra ammo.

I dont use much mainly detection & sometimes MGs if suppresion effect looks more beneficial than targeting a unit.
However do bring up my AA if it turns out no planes & Z fire in safety from the rear, low ammo count so it would make me think do I need to if ammo use increased.

Using 2 shots & hence using movement points works for me in most cases as the unit is spending time laying down fire, in the case of using it as a recon tool they are also looking for return fire.
Storming a building behind smoke now needs more units laying suppresive fire to achieve the same effect.
2 squads z fire while 3rd attempts to take the position. Z firing now needs a bit of coordinating to maintain the advance.
Defending it also works, lay down the Z fire only to find you missed someone & are out of shots.

Even bumping heads & getting pinned without seeing the firer works for me.

These changes could impact on the game more than expected.

Should also please PBEM who think the other side abuses, have come across this myself makes the game slow & hence boring if they fire virtualy everything, simple thing dont play them again.
With PBEM has a negative effect to if uses 2 shots per Z fire as harder to detect location its coming from l would think.
Theres nothing to stop you Z firing right back at the location his units Z fired from.
Just remember Z fire rarely kills things aimed fire does, sell a feint so they Z fire at virtually nothing while giving away rough locations.