View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The election is finally over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocities View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Gee I was hoping he might give a few rights back to us.
Don't hold your breath GP. Once they are gone, they're gone. What gets me kinda confused are the people who get mad about wire tapping incoming calls from suspected terrorists to US, yet these same people say nothing about their ISP keeping logs of visited web sites, or email providers keeping every email ever sent or received on file forever, or instant messengering messages are logged forever. Not to mention where the hell were these privacy advocates when Sarah Palin's email accounts were hacked and her family info was posted on line for all to see. She had nothing to do with the patriot act which was voted into law by a Democratic congress.
A few things here that needs fixing.

The patriot act was passed into law with a majority republican congress (in both houses) and a spineless democratic minority.

ISP's were smart enough to put tracking software and oversight into place early on in development -- unlike phone and cable which only recently did so.

Sarah Palin's email account underscores a general issue at all levels of government. Foreign powers frequently access US gov't email and firewalls at all levels because of poor password protections and crappierunderstanding of basic security. Recent airforce cyber-counter-intellegence recruitment ads underscore that. Hell, how many gov't laptops needs to be lost before someone realizes that information shouldn't be on something I can walk away with. Let's store all data on a UNIVAC and see if someone can steal that!

I have no sympathy for people with bad passwords who get hacked.