View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:18 AM

Private

manteuffel is on a distinguished road
Post Bazooka too powerful?

A while ago I downloaded the newest patch for SPWW2 and a lot of awesome changes had been made. One thing though caught my eye while I was playing as a German panzer battalion that was defending a heavily wooded area. One bazooka team was able to destroy 2 king tiger tanks and a panther in a frontal attack!

The bazooka was clearly too powerful. I am not sure if this was a part of an upgrade or if I should adjust my settings. Mind you everything else is running very well.

Now I didn't have much research to throw something together but this is my argument...
-The effective armor penetration of a bazooka during ww2 was about 80mm of armor penetration at 90 degrees.
-The front armor of the Tiger II was 150mm thick on the chassis and 100 mm thick on the turret in front.
-A front attack on a Tiger II would not have been a success.

At any rate I still think SP is the best game in the world. Any feed back would be awesome!
“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valor of other men. Have you ever seen a few policemen handle a crowd?”
-General George S. Patton Jr