View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM

Private

bssybeep is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Starving the japanese out of oil

hmmm, my first two games playing the "after the Infamy" scenario as the allies were won by starving the Japanese of oil. 1st game was won by Oct 1943, second by Sept 1942.

My strategy is a slow fighting reteeat of Borneo, Singapore, and Java using mostly British units and reinforcing the airfields. I withdraw a few critical Brit units such as the carriers and some CA's.

Then I slowly build my hammer blow fleet of all available US carriers, CAs, some CLs, and only fast BBs. I raid Wake, Kwajalein, Truk, and Marianas Is to give me some buffer.

By then, I'll probably only have Java left and lost most of the Brit units. But I'll have my main US fleet of 5-8 carriers, fast BBs, and 20+ CAs/CLs.

I'll raid Singapore, Borneo, Leyte, and Luzon with my main fleet and within a month or so I've won the game by an oil victory.

Worked twice now.

Note:I'd like to try some of the other victory conditions (invasions) but in both games I never received any landing forces/marines. Is there something I need to do to trigger there production?