Thread: Question Op Fire Filters
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Op Fire Filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
I'll check the opfire filters later as I am out today, but the first question would be - what armour values are set? - if too high, then they wont fire e.g. if set at 99 steel, and the targets are 20 steel front.
It was only the "Armor Range" that I set, not Armor values. Set at 3 hexes.

Cheers!

UPDATE:
If I deliberately set the Armor Value, e.g Max at 87 and Min at 1 (or even at 0, so long as Max is defined), then OpFire Filter works perfectly as it should. Problem occurs only when you set the Armor Range, but leaves Armor Value at 0 (either deliberately or automatically let it at 0 unattended).

OpFire Filter's range against Infantry also works as it should, even if I don't set the Armor Values.

On a side note, the simple Y-key range filter works as it should (i.e you're not using the dedicated OpFire filter dialogue).

In conclusion, I believe this is not a problem, since one obviously should at least define BOTH the "Armor Range" and "Armor Value", to tell OpFire filter to work properly against armors (against infantry types it is normal all along as stated above).

UPDATE: When an AFV fires its main gun AGAINST an OpFire-Filtered target, this OpFire filter's max Range will be automatically changed to reach that firing unit. For example, an American M1A2 whose OpFire filter has been set as 3 hex, gets fired by a Russian T-90A using its main gun at a range of 10 hexes, the Abram's 3 hex limit will be automatically raised into 10 hex, to meet that Russian tank. If it's not a main gun that fires, the hex limit won't change, as it normally should.

In conclusion, I still think it's not a problem, as the M1A2 obviously needs to defend itself when under clear and present danger (Russian main gun), thus OpFire range is increased so it can have its own OpFire agains that T-90A.

Last edited by RightDeve; June 28th, 2017 at 05:26 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post: