Thread: AAR Vistula crossing
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2018, 12:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vistula crossing

Turns 1-5

To the north, the US engineer company moves forward to secure Kokocko. They come under artillery fire at (1), which is ineffective. The US tank platoon splits into two sections. The first, moves towards a ridge at position (2). From there, they spot and destroy two Russian BRM-3 recon vehicles at (3). The other tank section, screened by Polish recon vehicles advances towards (4). The Leo-2 company moves towards the bridges (5) and prepares to cross the river.

I split the SF platoon into two parts (see 6). Each part will try to scout as many high value targets as possible. The northern part has a heavy sniper, so valuable soft skinned vehicles can also be knocked out by him.

To the south, my helicopter flight moves at (7). During its travel, it comes under SAM fire from OSAs, around positions (10) and (11). My artillery fires counter-SAM missions and relocates as can be seen on the map to avoid potential CB fire.

My recon units to the south advance as far as positions (8) and (9) in the villages of Czarze and Dzin Dolny respectively. The platoon at (9) encounters Belarusian forces: two T-72B1 tank platoons, one motor rifle platoon and one recon section and there are probably more forces to come through that direction. My Hinds use their missiles and knock out two T-72s, one BMP-2 and two BRDMs. Scouts also mobilility kill another T-72 with an RPG shot. However, their position is precarious, so they slowly withdraw, keeping eyes on the enemy force.

My T-72 companies go full gear and cross the bridge. Their goal is to engage the Belarusian force spotted to the south as fast as possible. The third T-72 company arrives at (12).

So, first shots have been fired, first blood spilled. My forces haven’t got any losses yet, but they are sure to come. For now, the plan goes smoothly though…
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: