View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Sergeant

dirtywick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fortress to Province ratio

Quote:
MaxWilson said:

You're nitpicking, of course. Yes, my early expansion tries for 2-3 provinces per turn for the first year and a half or so, and 20 territories by the end of year 1 is probably a fair average. No, I don't have 3-5 forts by the end of year one, and I may or may not even build 5 forts by the end of year 3. It depends on a lot of things like whether I'm having to pour resources into a war with somebody or just buying mages and expanding, but especially early on I may build more forts than the 1:10 ratio indicates. The 1:10 is my guess at what my stable ratio is. I'm positive I don't have less than a 1:5 ratio because then all my forts would be practically touching.

-Max
Not really. It's 4 forts in 20 provinces, which isn't a whole lot if you think about it. I'd load a saved game and do a rough count.

I'm just saying, usually when I play, at a 1:5 ratio apparently, I have a lot of extra gold even after recruitment. Since it's not like you're collecting interest on what you're banking or there's any reason to save up to buy something nice, it's probably best just to spend it all. But I can't seem to do that, so I was thinking maybe I'm not building enough forts?