View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2018, 06:50 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: thermal imaging...

As pointed out by others combined arms is the key to WinSPMBT. I don't play vs a "Tank Heavy" AI thus tend to face more man portable ATGMs and MPADs then most folks. I rarely see the AI use less then 9 MPADs, 12+ is not uncommon. While I don't often run into TI equipped AI forces it's merely a matter of not trying to go head-to-head with them in open terrain. If then enemy is hiding behind smoke delay or withdraw slightly till it clears. Advance some infantry scouts (any infantry unit will do) with their weapons set to fire at very short ranges in the best covered and concealed areas you can find.

You aren't going to "zerg rush" your way to victory in WinSPMBT like you do in many (most?) other games. Numbers count, but don't begin to insure victory.

My biggest "complaint" about the automatically generated battles in the game is that they rarely allow time for anything but a "banzai" charge. This is why I tend to go out of my way in the scenarios I create to make them long enough to permit scouting and flanking maneuvers should the player elect to do so.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein