View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:43 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Black Tome of Alisophocus / Blessing Hot Fix

CLARIFICATION:
The archive includes MULTIPLE MODS:

BlackTome.dm -> This is *only* the blessing hotfix. It includes a *description* of what the other mods do, as well as acknowledgements and headers. The name of the file is an unfortunate historical thing; originally I had not intended to offer this fix by itself.

BlackTome_E.dm -> This contains new spells for *early era* nations, only. IT DOES NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE.

BlackTome_M.dm
BlackTome_L.dm -> Will contain new spells for the other two eras, when they are ready.

BlackTome_Test.dm -> Includes all of the spells in a test form where EA Arco can cast them for free, so that you can see what they all do. DO NOT USE IT FOR A REAL GAME.

The first batch of new national spells are done - ready for use by the following EA nations:
Marverni
Abyssia
Tir
Ermor
Ulm
T'ien Ch'i

There are also some non-national spells for blood/death and an earth/death spell provided by Amos (mostly included for the *****in' artwork.)

I've done some testing but it's far from exhaustive - I'd love feedback. As far as I can tell all of these spells *work*. The graphics could use an upgrade.

The Ermor and Abyssia spells are just stuff I think is cool. The marverni and ulm spells have a game-balance goal in mind - making Marverni survivable in the early game. They're also dripping with celtic bull****.

I gave a bunch of them to Tir, but I'm a little bit worried that they're too powerful for what is not, in fact, a weak position.

The Abyssian spells are also somewhat worrying in terms of strength.

If anyone wishes to contribute spells, spell ideas or artwork, let me know.

Brainstorming on new spells, or on balance considerations for adding new spells, can be included in the thread.

I hope to have the middle era spells ready by next weekend.

Enjoy,
TNDP
Attached Files
File Type: zip 500877-BlackTome_TEST.zip (258.2 KB, 800 views)
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe

Last edited by lch; August 27th, 2008 at 11:20 AM..