Thread: Infernal Sword
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Sergeant

earwicker7 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infernal Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnars Wolves View Post
The manual (except for some few parts) is almost worthless with all the new changes over the years
I remember back in the day, when manuals were often 100+ pages, each new patch would come with a readme file which had addendums to the manual.

I wonder if Shrapnel would be ok with having someone be "deputized" and given access to the electronic version of the manual, with the specific task of updating it. This person could farm out some of the sections... "You're doing units, you're doing spells," etc.. People could then look at the addendum list and either buy a new manual (hint, hint, profit!) or just do what I did back in the day, which was go through and change it with a pen. What harm could there be? If most people acknowledge the manual is worthless, it can't really get much worse, can it?

I hear people say "I can't believe they charge so much for that game!" I'm one of those who believe it's worth twice as much as we pay, but it would be really nice if some of that money were invested in a new manual.