View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

Yup, I have just checked for the record of last message. Ts4EVER is right. We are playing this campaign since September 2013. This gives ~4 years of story.

Pure magic.

Well... let's bring those boys to the end of their journey! Once again going with Forgotten Hope soundtracks (or Blitzkrieg ones), I have deployed my entire tank force, recon force and 1 mech company in order to help besieged Frenchmen.
Sadly, push of the Germans was way too powerful to hold for that long. Probably if it was not winter I could make it on time, but since snow is slowing all movement down by half...
Still, I need to note the merit of last defenders. They managed to cover Bazooka teams for long enough so Bazookas eliminated Jagdpanzer and a Panther tank.

My recon was close to the town, going on full throttle, but Greyhounds literally evaporated, when suddenly a company of Panthers emerged. Under these circumstances I decided to stay in Gerstheim. I also hoped that deploying in ambush will do as Panthers clearly pushed without infantry support.

And I planned a good ambush. With 2 Wolverines. And 3 inch AT gun. And platoon of Shermans that recently got updated (1 Sherman per platoon now has 76mm gun).

Aaaand this could have been legendary, but my luck screwed everything up as usual. German tanks were hit - overally - about 24 times, mostly with tungsten munitions. JUST OVER HALF of the shots were failed non-penetrating ones. Another 3 failed to penetrate since they got bad angle (including rare ability of hitting a tank at 1 degree at the front while it stands clearly to the side). It gave it Abrams level of protection at this bloody angle xD

Finally I succeeded only because Germans decided to push. I have lost 1 Wolverine to Panther fire and 1 Sherman eliminated while scoring 5 Panthers down. Still, this could have been bloodless on my side.

My troops are setting up at Gersheim. I am ready and eager to rape that German brigade. Let them come. I will make Kingdom come for them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (148.4 KB, 66 views)