Thread: Wish Questions
View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:51 AM

First Lieutenant

PsiSoldier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wish Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvK View Post
It might be nice if Wish had a somewhat variable cost based on what you wish for.

And/or, make it so that wishing for something generally hostile, like a devil or especially a Horror, would sometimes (or always) result in one showing up that was not obedient, but attacked either the province or the caster.

After all, a common theme of wishes in literature is to be careful what you wish for, and sometimes, that whatever you wish for, often ends up having unintended side-effects that make you wish you hadn't wished for whatever it was.

PvK
I would say that that would be good based on the power of your commander or Pretender that did the wishing. For example if your Pretender is a Master Lich like mine in Hellscape with 65 Magic Paths a 100+ Hitpoints like 45 Strength 30 Precision a ton of Defense and Attack and eats Doom Horrors for breakfast then whatever you wish for will so Oh crap I'd better serve this guy the best I can or he's gonna smack my *** down.

But if its just some weakling that is barely able to cast wish then maybe a chance that they say "who does this fool think he is summoning me here I'm gonna teach this guy a lesson" might fit the bill.

But honestly I dont really see any reason to do all that. Its fine just as it is. But if they did make it so that there was a chance they would attack then thats how I'd do it.