View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardphoenix View Post
What for? Just to nerf all blood powerhouses to the level of pre-CBM EA Agartha?
That would only be the case if those nations were otherwise weak and depended on underpriced (as opposed to fairly priced) blood summons. As Redeyes pointed out, that's not necessarily the case. And in situations were it is you could compensate those nations with favorably priced national summons or better priced national versions of some of the generic summons. And if it were the case that all blood nations needed cheap summons to compensate them you could account for that by pricing blood summons very favorably compared to other gem summons. Just not as favorably as now. The main point is you'd now be comparing apples to apples instead of trying to translate the gold based costs of current blood summons to the gem based costs of non-blood nations. And blood nations would no longer have gem based summons + gem quality blood summons but have to make tough decisions as to how to allocate their gems.

Interestingly, given all the discussion about zmey, I can see demons being a competitive use of F gems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
I would price most troop blood summons as being worth 2 gems.
That seems a fair starting point to me as well, comparing their quality to that of the various gem based troop summons. But I'm not at all a blood magic hater and would be open to, for instance, a demon for 1 F gem, moving up to 2 E gems for a demon knight. Blood magic could be a national advantage that allows for considerable massing of high quality troops - it just wouldn't be open ended as it is now, being based on gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardphoenix View Post
Quote:
Isn't the question mostly something like "just for fun?"
Why in CBM thread then?
Like I said, I don't expect the suggestion to be treated seriously but who knows maybe llama will think it's the best idea since the removal of gem gens.