National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Very impressed

Quote:
Arralen said:
Quote:
Leslie said:
Dang I have the game, I have installed the game and run the top 5 scenarios, using an assortment of resolutions.
I am getting CTDs though, and that's not something I normally encounter.

Please check the size of the WinSPMBT.exe (self-extracting installer which is in the zip file):
Just downloaded and got 104.847.109 Bytes

If the file (seemingly) is uncorrupted, check some other CPU-intensive game - maybe you PC has a thermal problem. Due to it's DOS-heritage, WinSPMBT runs with 98% CPU usage (shown), so it may get a bit warmer than usual.
Also - the user should check whatever other programs he has running (including task-bar objects and background tasks) on the machine.

If it is time related, then it may well be something like (say) an email application in the background scanning email every 5 minutes (and then bringing in virus scanners on the messages and so on), so the solution there would be to close the email application when playing the game.

The best solution for any such conflict resolution is to turn off all the other programs you have running, before starting the game. That includes taskbar type utilities, the Microsoft Office "manager" utility etc.

Cheers
Andy