Thread: Multiverse Mod
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:55 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

Multiverse Campaign 3
Multiverse_3-Space_Pirate_Harlock

This is all about giving the player the opportunity to fly the Arcadia.
On each campaign the player will command a different ship (s):
On Multiverse 1 it was the ships of the Earth Defense Forces (EDF) from Star Blazers.
On Multiverse 2 it was the Argo/Yamato
On Multiverse 3 is Harlock's Arcadia.
On Multiverse 4 and 5 it will be a different one.

How to accomplish this while following the story... that is the tricky part, but so far so good. I do not want the player to think that the whole series is just about Star Blazers because it is not. Star Blazers was just the starting point since it follows a good progression from the previous Stat Blazers Mod.
There is a new twist on the story. Campaign 3, 4 and 5 does not continues were we left off at the end of Campaign 2 but before and during the events taking place on Multiverse 1 and 2. Therefore we are going to see the same story!
I know, you may be thinking what the fun on that except of flying different ships. We already know what is going to happen... That would be a true statement except that instead it is the story (as in the case of Multiverse 3) from the point of view of Harlock, the Space Pirate. Before, we only saw him and the Arcadia making cameo appearances, now you will get to experience firsthand what he was doing while we were sweating fighting off three enemy invasions.

About Harlock and the Arcadia:
This is the creation of Leiji Matsumoto.It aired on TV on 1978 for the first time. Matsumoto was also the co-creator of Star Blazers. In addition of two TV series (the first one had 42 episodes) there are also over half a dozen movies. Matsumoto continuity with the Space Pirate story can be confusing, since every movie or series many things are different, he seems to like to give a different spin to the story every time he tries, just like been born on a Multiverse...
My approach on the story is just one between their many versions. If you want more info just do a search on the net.