View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 09:43 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

Multiverse Campaign 3
Multiverse_3-Space_Pirate_Harlock

Game play:
The Arcadia is a Battleship not a carrier, not really a battle-carrier either.
Ships that can be consider battle-carriers:
The Argo/Yamato
The Illumidas Revenge
The Zentradi Scout
The Star Destroyer
The SDF-1
And a few others. The thing is that any of those I mention can dish out an incredible amount of damage like a battleship (or greater) and have exclusive dedicated pilot crews just for their fighter squadrons.

The Arcadia on the other hand can dish out a great amount of damage, but it does not have a exclusive dedicated pilot crews, instead some of the crew do double role function as crew of the Arcadia (and just a very few) pilot fighters. Remember the crew of the Arcadia is only 41. They have no replacements. That is the reason for why can you only have 3 fighters out at any given time. Yes, you are going to feel like you wanted more... Be happy, at least I included some at all. So my advice is not to stuff the Arcadia with too many fighters unless you want to move with the speed of a snail.

Some annoying issues with the AI controlling fighters. Sometimes they like to hit your ship as soon as you launch them. I have no settings to control the delay of collision for fighters unlike mines (mines you can set a delay time for activation).
How to deal with it:
1. Launch the fighters when the Arcadia is moving.
2. Try to launch then when there is no enemy in range - not always possible especially in the middle of a battle. The problem during the battle is that when the fighter detect enemy nearby it slow down. If the fighter does not get away of the Arcadia in like 3 seconds (I really do not know the timing) it may blow up if it is within the boundaries of the Arcadia.
3. Take some time and practice. Or at least remember to save often. Eventually you will get the hang of it. A similar thing was happening with the Argo/Yamato, but the Arcadia being bigger it is more problematic.
There are a few other things on the Arcadia but I will let you find out on your own!

Note: The game ran flawless on my AMD Athlon XP 1666 MHz and with all the previous bugs corrected, not a single crash!