View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OOB 066 Sweden [WIP]

Special "Command" versions of anything are a very bad thing to do in the game.

They have no special abilities like in other wargames (increased radios so they can be on several nets etc, say).

They do tell the human opponent that they are a priority target, though. If you spot something it is identified!. And they introduce another unit class into the OOB that has to be tracked for changes etc. as well as the regular APC or tank it is based on.

Same goes for infantry - someone gifted the WW2 Germans with nice "KPFue" special elements, so I know precisely which ones to kill first to decapitate the company command !. (You can also do the same when playing the British, since coy HQ use a different unit class from the normal infantry, although they are not given a specific "kill me first" name. Someting one of the third-party OOB designers slipped into my OOB, so they could have an SMG or something? - I certainly would not have done it that way, but used a standard element as coy HQ).

So if it brings nothing that the normal APC or infantry element does to the game system - simply use the regular element. Then your opponent does not get a free gift for targeting HQs.

Cheers
Andy