View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:53 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Israeli Assault Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post

Why would you want the rubber rafts in any situation other than what is provided for by the regular procedures?. they are special items, used internally by the code, not there for regular use by scenario designers.
1. The beach and river crossing flags when set were giving me all infantry units carrying inflatable rafts. I only needed a small detachment with boats.

2. So, following advice I deactivated beach and river crossing. Now I can have my small detachment with boats and regular infantry (without boats).

3. When a unit carrys an inflatable raft, anytime he enters or re-enters shallow water the raft activates. I do not want this behavior, so I need external boats, raider, zodiac, or rigid raider.

4. Strange. In the operation a Milan III team did not fire on the inflatable rafts, while firing on the raiders (in another iteration). So, I thought to purchase the rafts, however due to item 3 above, and the speed of the rigid raider, I choose the latter over the former.