View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2019, 08:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: windows 10 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbowl View Post
i have a problem with runnen the game under windows 10 the first times i play the game everthing oke now i have only the options menu and it is not running the game i hope somebody can help me thanks
I am running the game just fine on this windows 10 laptop, so windows 10 is not the issue.

If it ran fine before, and now does not then it would likely be due to a change at your end. If you can remember what that was, then reversing your settings(?) changes would be a good idea.

If you say installed a new graphics card or drivers for it then it may no longer support the legacy 256 colour mode used in full-screen mode, if you were trying to run that way. In any case full-screen mode is only there as a legacy from XP and before, modern graphics cards actually have to emulate that mode resulting in it being slower than full-colour (windowed) mode, and Windows 7 actually needed the special batch file to kill off the aero interface, as it thinks it owns the 256 colour palette. Stick to windowed mode, with desktop resolution if you have the CD, or in an 800x600 window if you have the free demo version of the game.

Make sure the game is not running in the background, hidden - if you have not shut down your system, then a restart will kill any rogue process. Or use ctrl-alt-del and see if the game is running but was not killed by the O/S and if so, kill it manually.

Firstly - ensure that you do not have your windows taskbar set up to auto-hide. Most systems will screw up the game desktop if it is on, a very few are happy with it, depends on your system. Turn it off for now, if it is on.

Try setting the game up as follows
- Introduction screen off (game options main tab)
- Game mode Windowed (Don't use full-screen, it is for legacy XP systems only)
- Screen/Windows size - desktop (if you have the CD edition) otherwise 800x600

Give that a try and see if you get the game appearing as it did before whatever you changed at your end.

PS - just thought of something. Did you recently apply a patch?. if so, and the patch was not applied to the same folder the game was originally in, then you may be trying to run only a part of the complete game, i.e. the files in the patch folder. If so then you will need to reinstall the patch with its folder pointed at your original game.