View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tiwas Mod

Well, I can't seem to figure out the cause of the crash, and the debug logs aren't showing anything out of the ordinary.

What things did you change since the last time it worked?

Some other problem areas I noticed during my search:
- Your slot layout for the Fighter is messy and overlapping. Lots of slots crammed on top of each other. Use my SFSlotmodder to help.
- Your heavy weapon slot has the same name as your light weapon slot (#1). This is bound to cause some confusion in the default component placement routine.
- Your fighter hull has a base crew of zero.
- Your fighter hull has a base energy storage of zero.
(These two may cause issues with the bar graphs, or instant death when trying to upgrade your cockpit)
- Your use of the prevents crew death ability indicates you don't quite understand how it works:
"Base Crew Death Rate Per Second" on the hull specifies how fast your crew decreases when you have NO lifesupport.
"Prevents Crew Death" decreases the rate of crew loss. However, it cannot make the crew loss rate negative.
It has nothing to with crew injuries due to weapons fire.
- Major problem for later: Weapon scaling factor and Map scaling factor are zero in campaigndata.txt. This means a distance of 10 units normally is zero units long in your campaign. Very very not good.