View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2015, 05:12 PM

Corporal

Baldrick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrade 1.3 Requests

Hi Ibol,

I could be interesting to promote officers within the crew, based on the survival rate of the away missions and the activies developed in the ship. For example, if the captain has a navigation profile, the chances to promote a navigation officer could be higher. Nevertheless if another officer with a different profile has higher XP, promoting an officer with this profile could be more likely. The officers promoted could start with no skils. The problem could arise if you have all officers slots filled and a newby gets promoted. This could be solved "if possible" with a promotion button in the officers screen being active if conditions are accomplished. On the other hand, if an away party gets killed somewhere, the chance to lose this promotion chance could be high. I hope I have made myself clear.

With regards to Shipwrecks, something interesting could be that when our ship gets in contact with another ship (in combat), a chance to board it exists. Of course, the captain should be involved and the better the state of the other ship, the bigger the loot and the bigger the danger. Other thing I have been thinking about is the use of Non lethal weapons a requisite to make a shipwreck possible when in normal combat. In tihs case the captain could be involved or not.

Finally, and "If possible" I woould like to see merc bases where "different missions" could be found, depending on our reputation. I mean, we ussually have the possibility of killing the bad guys. But What happens when we receive the quest of attacking a ship or destroying a facility of the "good guys"?. We could be the ones to be hunted by everybody. Of course the reputation with a particular race or races could be damaged and depending on the damage, even the FAKE ID device could not work. Afterwards a mission to restore some of your reputation could arise. This idea came to my mind remebering another great game "FRONTIER: FIRST ENCOUNTERS" in which you had to kill somebody and even if you actually did it or not, being in the wrong place made you an outlaw. At certain point, someone offered you a mission to "clean" your records. That was great.

In terms of bugs, I have accepted quests to collect some chemical compunds on sectors, but when I arrived at the sector there were no elements to collect. It was on normal_permadeath.