Thread: Scenario Pillar of Fire
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pillar of Fire

Quote:
but most of my ATGM teams were taken out by either enemy artillery, air strikes or late game enemy counter attacks. I hate not being able to retreat units off the top or bottom
yes i considered giving them helicopters for exfiltration, but i thought the helis would probably be shot down, so its better for them to sit down and wait for the main body.

Quote:
The only complaint I really have was that the Israelis had no AA resources. Admittedly I'm not familiar with the Israeli doctrine but I would assume an armored spearhead of this size would have at least something to keep the hostile airplanes away. At times I was forced to watch Egyptian planes strafe my advancing tanks unopposed.
Knowing the IDFs AA capabilities, I would say it is (unfortunatly) quite realistic to say that notevery unit enjoys attached AA. The IDF relies on IAF to clear the skies of enemy aircraft, and in this case I wanted to show a situation where this dosent work...Im sure the Egyptians had a much harder time with your F16, even though they do have AA assets.

Quote:
Overall, however, I'd say this scenario was well above average and probably the most interesting one I've played this month. What really made the difference here was the diversity of the different phases of the scenario.
Thank you very much for these kind words.