View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CIWS/VIRSS Vs ATGM/AGM

In the game, as in real life S**t happens. You could be the best-trained commando/ SF on the planet and a kid with a .22 could get lucky. If it happens too often ...well that's a problem that may need a tweak... but once in a while is perfectly normal game behaviour that has been coded to allow the occasional one in a million "who would have thunk it ?" result. I just related a story from SP1 to Andy in regards to a slight code change that I think I mentioned on the forums in the past but here it is again...

My one outstanding memory of playing a WW2 campaign in SP1 was one I played as the German ..... I had carefully upgraded my force so that by the end of 1944 I had all the "really good stuff" ( well as much of it as you could get in SP1 ).... The first battle of 1945 was January playing against the USA. About 1/4 way into the game.....feeling cocky and doing well....... the AI unleash a hell storm of fighter-bombers..... twin engine B-25's and lots of rocket firing P-47's etc etc.... by the time it was done with me, my carefully husband core was decimated... I was lucky enough to have a save so I played it out again twice more and twice more the flying monkeys from hell eviscerated my panzers..... I have never seen the AI do anything like that again since. It was a truly humbling experience and why I love the game

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: