View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2001, 07:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Grandfather Just Found Out

My Grandfather, a WWII War vet and winner of two Bronze stars, just found out that several of his old war buddies are still alive and kicking. The Fighting Tigers under General Patton's 10th division, (to the best of my recollection) was the unit he was with. My grandfather does not talk much about the war, but he did tell me after he was blown up by a potato masher (German grenade) he was sent to a hospital, and lost contact with many of his buddies. He assumed that many of them were killed, and gave up on trying to find them until Last month when my mother happened arcossed a web page dedicated to the unit and the men who belonged to it. Low and behold, my Grand father's name was listed as MIA, and she got in contact with them to tell them that he was alive and well. He was very proud to show me all the information and the letters he got from his old buddies. Man, I had no idea how well revered he was by those men. I am immensely (sp) proud of my grandpa. Just thought I would post about it.