View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2018, 10:05 PM

Private

raginis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: maximum range vs weapon accuracy; warhead vs penetration

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Take a look at the AP calculator that's included with the game and can be found in Game Options / Utilities you can cross-index which weapon number they are using MOBHack.. that will give you a better idea how they will proform
I don't think I have the AP calculator, maybe because I only have the free version of the game.

In any case, I did a quick test. An RPG-18 team (max. range 200m), with slightly more experience, had a higher to-hit% than a slightly lower-experience RPG-16D team (max. range 600m). So, at the ranges where an RPG is useful, there does not appear to be a significant impact of max. range on accuracy (if indeed there is ANY impact - does anyone know for sure?). Indeed, I had a RPG-18 team that was inferior in experience, morale, and infantry command to an RPG-16D team, and yet the RPG-18 team had a higher accuracy.

As to penetration, each unit was able to achieve, at the range of 150m, penetration slightly higher than the penetration listed in the data section. An RPG-7 team also achieved penetration higher than its theoretical value. Does warhead size matter for this? I still don't know, but basically the value in the information screen can be exceeded.