View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A New Mod: Oglala Sioux

Quote:
tinkthank said:
- Hm, Cherry, we have COMPELTELY different playing styles.
Yeah, I'm starting to think that too That's ok, if there is a playing style that uses the units I would not consider using, then they are probably fine!

Quote:
- Raiders have stealth 10, Warrior Chieftains stealth 0. Raiders are the only commander with higher stealth (besides the Holy Chieftain at 5), they are "designed" to lead raiders in small stealth parties. But perhaps I should make the Warrior Chieftain more expensive (rather than the Raider less so)?
Hmmm, yeah. Holy-2, sacred, stealthy, mounted, leadership 50, encumbrance 3, precision 12, 2 attacks and a longbow, Standard +8 make them similar to a Centaur Hierophant (80g).

Quote:
- Crazy Horse Riders *DO* have etheralness, but ok, I suppose that is not enough. I did NOT want to give them any features which could be got by a blessing (such as Beserk), since these are the only holy units, as I wrote in my Readme, hence the lack thereof. But I see your point. Would you also accept slightly cheaper (65) or 1 better attack and/or both? Otherwise, yes, I could give them beserk-2, if this does make sense.
I'm not saying they're too good or not good enough; they seem about right. Rather, they are described as being "THE melee unit" but have nothing specifically melee about them. Why not give them a shortbow instead of a longbow, or precision 10, or remove the bow altogether and give them a special spear with 2x attacks (and only 2 damage, perhaps), or give Raiders 13 attack so that Crazies at least have a better melee attack than other units? Right now, I would strongly consider keeping Crazies at the rear and giving them a fire-9 bless (for awesome flaming longbow arrows), virtually immune to harm because they are really far away from the enemy and ethereal. But that sort of defeats their designed purpose, right?

Quote:
- Hunting Bow Nerf -- ok. I never really bought so many Hunters, because the times I tested I never really had the Resources for them. I think I will increase the Resources on the hunter too.
Try buying a bunch... I was considering taking a screenshot of a huge Living Ermorian army advancing, right at the instant the green poison drop appeared on their icons, but decided not to. Those guys are - wow

Quote:
- Foot Hunter Sucking: Ok. I didnt make many of these guys either. Cheaper ok? Ambidexterity... ok.
And 2 weapons + shield is a no-no You could add ambidextrity and remove shield, or just remove the dagger and let them keep the shield (and maybe make the spear poisoned).

Quote:
- I cannot find a way to add Magic Resistance to items, hence I dispatched with any Items which did such. Am I missing something?
Yeah... you can't add MR to items. Basically, I was making a purely aesthetic suggestion, where you make a helmet:

#newweapon 250
#name "Talisman of Ancestral Spirits and Puppy Tails"
#type 4
#prot 0
#def 0
#enc 0
#end

...and give it to all the units. That way, even though you can't tell by right-clicking on the item name, the units seem less like super-humans with MR 11 and more like humans with MR 10 that are getting +1 MR from a magical talisman. Technically, nothing changes, since you hard-code 11 MR into the units either way (or 12 for units with magic war paint). But it's just a suggestion that has nothing to do with balance or gameplay.

Quote:
THANKS TONS!!!
You're welcome =)