View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:14 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

tinkthank is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A New Mod: Oglala Sioux

OK great stuff here, thank you.

Tauren: Yes, you are right. I dont want to go overboard, but I have decreased the cost of Treants by one and increased their hitpoints by 14. Maybe that is not enough, I will have to test more, I just dont want them too "über".
I have used an Elucidator often as a cheap preacher; he is much better in boosting Dominion than the Warrior Chieftan. (Now that the WC costs more (see below), I think it is a good deal too.) Maybe it is a matter of style; I use him a lot because I play the Preacher in a lot of games and try to keep my candles up higher than anyone else.
The Master of Dream Penalties cannot forge any decent Elemental equipment whatsoever, and he will need proper picks to be able to forge anything non-astral and non-nature, and (especially for the Nature) he is expensive for that. I agree that I do use him when I can, but I often cannot, so I dont really see a need for changing here, but I will change in the future, if need be, surely. I noticed I had to forge most with Mot4Ds and MM.

Scott, what stats do you need? You can grab everything you need from the .dm file, right?

OK, Cherry, what you are saying makes sense, I took another look and tried to do some testing, but was unable to complete due to my need to test YOUR mod ... ;-)

But here is what I have done so far:
- Increased price of Warrior Chieftan by 5
- Decreased Hunting Bow to Weak Poison -- I hope this will do
- Increased recources of Hunter by 2
- Made the foothunter only 15 gold, he lost his spear
- As indicated above, improved the Treant cost/HP ratio

Cherry, a fire blessing will NOT give you flaming arrows, it ONLY works on melee weapons.
I have not yet figured out what to do, but will probably go with your suggestion in giving Crazies shortbows, or limit their ammo supply more (to 8 or so).

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!