View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Sergeant

Smersh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troop Quality in preferences

there are no Non-randomly generated campigns for you to play as the soviet union.

The problem with battles is that your always playing a fair game, where both sides "point-wise" (I don't think anything is wrong with the points system) are equal. If everything is equal I guess you could argue that the soviet union would have an advantage, but this is not what happened in reality.

I human created scenario or campign that takes into account historical conditions will be a much more challenging experiance.

here are some things you could do, which I assume most people don't do.
sure it would be a cake walk as the soviets if you use a ton of t-34s, JS tanks, big AT guns. In reality, for much of the war and in other areas during even the later periods everything was in short supply.
the su-76 gun carrier was the second most common afv after the t-34 during the war, try using this more often, instead of big assualt guns, and like I said the 45mm gun was the most common and standard at.
in the early war period, the t-34 and KV were exceptions. use bt tanks and t-26 tanks, and see if its still a cake walk.