View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:48 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troop Quality in preferences

Quote:
They did. It become the standard weapon for their light tanks (T70, T50, T80). The multiturretting of the T35 was discontinued because it wasn't cost effective to produce and extremely hard to command during combat, so no secondary gun armaments anymore.
Yes, I know they did, but not because it was effective. The early war guns were always put on light AFV's after they became failures elsewhere. The reason being because they were useless for any role with mediums and heavies (If you can call the KV the replacement for the T35 or T28, then it wouldn't adopt the 45mm - though I think there were a few like that before they found out better). When I say they weren't used anymore, what I really meant is they weren't used with the same sort of units they had been originally intended for, therefore admitting they were all but useless for that role. It's the same reason you would put nothing but one or more MG's on light tanks and AC's because those guns were useless on mediums and heavies as the main gun. I guess you could say the light AFV's were the bottom of the barrel and always got the rejects, but, then again, most light AFV's couldn't handle the larger guns if they tried (apart from major modifications such as turning a light tank into a self-propelled gun like a Marder).