View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2018, 08:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reusing a force?

If it's a brand new Generated or Long campaign, I'm afraid there's no way to do that.

But there's a way if you're using the User Campaign mechanism. But it's so hilariously tedious & complicated I don't think it's worth it:

The key here is to save your last campaign game, convert it to scenario, load that scenario on Game Editor, flag all of your forces as Auxiliary units, set game length to 1 turn, save the scenario. And then put that scenario on Slot #1 of a User Campaign (the 2nd battle, because there's no Aux units on 1st battle), make sure the path for DL (decisive loss) is set to 2 (the next battle). Now, create a random battle using the Game Editor, buy only one unit A0 HQ for both sides, set game length to 1 Turn, save it as a Scenario, and then put it on Slot #0 of a User Campaign, i.e the 1st Battle, and then don't forget to also set the DL (Decisive Loss) value to 1, so you may advance to next battle without doing anything. Start that campaign and buy a new force (just a single unit, so your original force stays relatively pure without new units), and play the Campaign until 2nd Battle where your Auxiliary units appear. Play that 2nd Battle until turn 1, save the game, convert the game to Scenario and edit on Game Editor, remove the Auxiliary flags on all your original force, save that scenario, rename those scenario files into SpSv / saved-game format and place them back to Saved Game folder. Now, before you play that saved game, you must already prepare the next string of battles on that User Campaign (by creating random/auto-buy auto-deploy Battle saved as Scenario, then plugged into the User Campaign slot). Don't forget to set the Support Points, DL ML MV DV values on those Battles, BPR DIV, etc. Now, play that saved game, so you advance to the real battle, i.e Battle #3 onwards. Obviously because you somehow created the next battles too, there's less of dynamic surprise as in Generated/Long campaign.

The important thing to take from this ridiculous method is that even a Saved Game from a campaign, converted to Scenario to be manipulated on the Game Editor, and then converted back to a Saved Game to be played, when that battle ends the Campaign still moves forward as usual, thus not a one-off battle.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to RightDeve For This Useful Post: