View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2018, 01:20 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: No Dust in SPMBT Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobosdeimos View Post
Hello,

I am trying to get dust to display in the SPMBT Tutorial.

Is there possibly a hotkey to turn it off/on

Perhaps it has something to do with the high visability value of 62

Thankyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
The higher the visibility the greater the chance of raising dust but as I recall we tweaked that a bit higher for MBT at some point so now you won't see the dust trails until you are in the 80's visibility.

Here it is from the guide SPMBT Version 3 2004-------

Quote:
Vehicle Dust Trails have been revised to begin appearing in desert terrain and summer months at higher Visibility settings than previously.
I believe the write up for the tutorial predates that change.....I'm a bit surprised it was that long ago.....time flys/
If the visibility is set above 75, dust trails result in desert terrain.

However, game guide (GG) has the following:
Quote:
Roads are metalled (grey) or dirt (brown). In dust conditions (Visibility about 80, summer or desert terrain), travel over dirt roads produces dust more quickly than on metalled roads. Dirt roads need less vehicle movement through a hex to produce dust trails, the amount of vehicle movement through hexes for dust production is cumulative.
Again from the GG:
Quote:
If scenario visibility is high, then LOS can penetrate deeper into forests, grasslands, standing crops, light smoke and so forth. When visibility is high (about 60 plus) in high summer months, or in desert or snow terrain, then vehicle movement can raise dust or disturbed snow trails. Low visibility under 10 or so hexes especially, affects air strike accuracy unless fitted with night vision, and causes more glider and paratroop landing accidents.
Again
Quote:
Map vision algorithm changes have been made. The game is now more likely to produce both high (70-80 hex visibility) sunny days and also some night (1-4 hex) visibility conditions. Rooster trails of dust from moving vehicles in deserts and dry summer conditions etc. have been adjusted upwards by 10 hexes to allow for the higher typical visibility. (Previously the game tended to produce too many low visibility days of 20-40 hexes maximum visibility, i.e. an overcast day).
The GG aside, I have vehicle dust trails in desert terrain at visibility above 75 in the current and previous patches, 12 and 10 respectively.