Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2023, 11:23 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,238 Times in 926 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I understand the training part very well as we trained for war nonstop for it especially while at sea over my 12yrs under the seas.

I framed the "timeframe" the way I did because of what's been reported thus far concerning the Ukrainian T-55S with a fairly advanced western FCS and gun.

They received the first of those tanks on 30 Oct '22 the Forbes article from about 10 days ago or less in my submission package clearly stated from the reporter on the scene they were still in training with them.

It also took some time to add the SLAT and additional ERA package that might've taken two weeks (?) given the numbers involved.

But the training goes beyond knowing your equipment, it's also knowing how you are expected to operate with the units you'll be working with.

We used the concept of CONOPS all my career whether at sea or while at the Admirals Staff Operations Center @ SUBGRU 10. This concept is used by all our military across the board. I'm sure same for all foreign militaries as well. This is as relevant now as when published.
https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Port...231_art011.pdf

We are currently in Germany holding Brigade size training for Ukrainians soldiers at all levels of the C&C to include training for the trainers on the M1A2 BRADLEY ODAS (About 1/2 of our current BRADLEY Fleet of ~2200 units.).

The purpose of which is to teach them how to more effectively use our equipment (Interoperability) for combined arms rapid maneuver movement in battle. They've been at it for about a month. I recently posted on that along w/UK planning to 20.000 Ukrainian troops in England this year.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: