View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Idea of multiplayer roleplaying huge battles with real chain of command.

Something I was just pondering and thought that I would add is . . what about doing it at the campaign level instead of just a scenario?

Something similar to what Wulfir and I were doing with the custom user campaigns BUT instead of multiple parallel campaign games where each players is playing their own campaign, you have multiple commanders running in a single campaign game.

Basically, just like I was running BUT instead of one player commanding the core force through the campaign, you have 3-4 players passing the campaign save file around so each "commander" moves and shoots with only their own assigned units. Say for example that the core force is a reinforced company and each player is a platoon leader with one player being the overall company commander who runs the HQ units AND any artillery/air support and provides general orders to his platoon leaders.

It would take some coordination between players where the CO player plays his units 1st and then writes up a short set of orders (transmitted via radio) and passes the file to the 1st platoon leader, who moves his units and then passed the file to the 2nd platoon leader and so on. As the turns progress the platoon leaders can request support from the CO for artillery, air or other available support he has at his disposal and he would pass along the approval or not so that players could take control of the units or call artillery/air attack from their platoon HQ unit.

Perhaps a short campaign (3-4 battles) following a company of the Australian 2/16 Battalion during Operation Exporter (circa June/July 1941) in the Middle East?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Double_Deuce; June 5th, 2011 at 08:08 PM..