View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Don't Feel Sorry For The AI

I started out with 3300pts.

Oh I know the more points the more likely to see artillery, especially if it's the most expensive unit amid countless ranks that are very cheap, I just had never seen so much of it at one time. They were very annoying, and though I think their kill/damage ratio might had been fine, they did seem to find my troops in circumstances which appeared to not be entirely a matter of them not having some homing device. If it had not been for my other games I would believe they did have one. Their true annoyance was just seeing so many guns going off every blasted turn, not 60 every turn needless to say, such that so much time was consumed seeing them fall so much. I was so annoyed by it I removed the blast radius option, which delays things further. Fast artillery is a bit of a joke, so I surely wouldn't consdier that.

This is probably the first battle against the Poles, in so many versions of winSPWW2 against the Poles, and the vast majority of my battles have been germany vs poland, that I have seen probably more than 30 enemy guns.

I'm not interested in keeping my core smaller until France. I'm basically trying to start off with a core, in terms of number of units, which I will keep throughout the entire war, so that way I get more units experienced quicker. My point total is pretty high (but the map height very large) is due also to my picking a good deal of my AFV's as medium tanks starting out. There is no way I could cover 200 hexes with only 2000 german points, as the 3300 spent as I spent it, is difficult enough at times (the USSR might manage fine with 2000 though). This battle, due mostly to very poor visibility, proves that the map and the amount of units I use with it can turn pretty sharply to my disadvantage, at least enough to make me worry that I might lose (score me: 5400 AI:3507), so at least the way I have things set up, it isn't instant decisive victory all the time.