View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:08 PM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ranger/Airborne Short Camp.

Played this last night for an hour or so. Got to turn 13 before compter overheated. Twice. Decided to finally get some sleep as it was about midnight.

A realization has hit that makes an AAR of this battle uninteresting and short. I rule the battle field because I can see the enemy and he can't see me. My choppers are able to move around at high altitude with no threat of MANPADS or Mobile AA units. In fact, the vast majority of the enemys AFVs are those 57mm flak units and despite my being within 500m of them, they are powerless because they can't see. The only chopper that has been damaged was a Blackhawk that took a stupid route over two platoons worth of enemy infantry.

So, the low down on this battle is this - Pressure in the north has lessened due to mortar bombardment and close support of APCs and Hummers with 40mm AGLs. One Apache is out of Anti-armor weoponry and is shooting up about a company's worth of infantry in the south and the other is picking off blind AA units in the middle. It seems I've taken out all of the enemy's heavy armor and recently destroyed a platoon of ATGM mobile platforms. My infantry has taken very light causalties, are moving on the center objective and will be wrapping up the northern enemy forces in the next couple of turns.

The most difficult thing at this point is not to lose my Choppers to stupid mistakes, or get careless. (The first is generally brought about by the second.) I may post again before the end (I'm on 13 of 27 turns), but I may just post a summery at the end. Overall, not the most riviting battle, but then that's what the enemy want's you to think.

Howard Tayer

Last edited by Lt. Ketch; October 2nd, 2009 at 12:20 PM..