View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2005, 06:42 PM

Private

TaoLibra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Impressions

Quote:
Cyberis said:
1. Having to keep mousing over moving ships during combat to get status on how they are doing is VERY TEDIOUS. It would be nice to have an option for the status of all ships in combat to be displayed along the bottom, side or top of the screen. Any possibility of adding that option to the settings dialog?
I agree, that is somewhat annoying -- especially when there are many things on the screen all moving at once.

However, since the full ship outline (with all the system icons shown) isn't always necessary anyway, I might prefer to have simple Damage Bars over each ship -- or under, or beside, or wherever -- a smaller version of the same bars that appear at the bottom of each ship outline display (one for shields, one for the hull). I would save the full outline display for hover only, but give the small Damage Bars an Always On/Off optional setting.

I also must confess that I miss having the ability (as in SAIS) to set a "path" for my ships: telling them to move to Point A, for example, and then to turn toward the target ship. If that is possible in Weird Worlds, I haven't figured it out yet...