View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Italy vs. GB - North Africa 6/40

Turn 26

Alpha pushing a few squads back into the gully since the artillery lifted. The area isn't really important because it is so far from the objectives, but I want to be able to say that the position was held even if Alpha got the day lights beat out of them.

Fired smoked to mask immobilized enemy Matilda II. It took one shot at some tanks in Charlie's sector as they moved against another Matilda II. Pushing active Bravo squads forward to determine where the enemy is located. Three Matilda Is are within 150m of the immobilized tank, but nothing more. My infantry took some fire from them, but not real casualties.

Sent two tanks behind Matilda II at the Bravo-Charlie border and destroyed it. They moved straight through the hex the tank was located in and got it from behind. Pushing Charlie infantry forward to clear the smoke. It seems like the enemy infantry is gone. They did spot the last undamaged Matilda II 500m away, running for the rear.

Delta flank platoons started moving out to close on the enemy tanks and soak off fire. More specifically, I wanted to find out if they would draw fire from the damaged Matilda II. Infantry and Matilda Is fired, but nothing from the Matilda II. Moved up two of my tanks and punched some holes in one Matilda I. Two more of my tanks are pulling up the rear. I have to make sure that Matilda II is put out of action, so I have an engineer squad heading that way. To the east, there are still six Matilda Is counting the one with the holes. Around the wadi, my tanks destroyed another Matilda I, but I lost one to assault pulling out. Mortars from both sides played in the area. Mine hit enemy infantry in the defile and to the north. Enemy mortars were hitting the wadi and southwest of the salient.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xM11/39 tank destroyed. Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: 1xMatilda II and 1xMatilda I tanks destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.