Thread: Themes
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2003, 09:09 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Pocus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Themes

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristoffer O:

BTW, did you make any maps? I can help you finish half finished maps if you like.
nope. Mainly because of a new born child and a changing job environment

But dont worry. I do what I say, and my Elric map is the example of this. Starting with mid october, I will have one less worry, so more time for dominions map making.

I will at least make one map for dominions II, a map I have in mind since I play doms I : Beleriand and the Wars of Morgoth (for those who dont know, it is Tolkien's first Age, the Age where Balrogs were counted by dozens). A huge and impressive work, and at the time of doms one I felt that the game was too much lacking in scenario support, thus my numerous questions toward you asking for added scripting possibilities.

Now that we are at this, do you plan to add renforcements as a script command in a patch, one day? all we need is that the #commander and #units command accept an additional parameter, that is the number of turn the force is created. That would ask for more coding in the binary, sure. Generally speaking, do you plan to improve the scripting langage after the game is released? I know you added multi provinces victory conditions, but thats IMO not enough to do complex scenarios.

Also several problems remains, for example adding a fortress and independants, will lead to indeps being inside. So in essence you give freely to the player the exterior, and a single scout can besiege the fortress.

I know that some other players indulge themselves in mapmaking. If you consider adding additional commands in the script language, then we can perhaps suggest what we would need the most?