View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2006, 05:07 AM

Corporal

Arker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Death scales/Gift of Natures Bounty

Quote:
Graeme Dice said:
reases your income by 7%. Every point of turmoil decreases your income by 7%. This is a constant effect that depends solely on the current order/turmoil scale in a given province.
Thanks for the explanation. Trying to make sure I understand this correctly. Turmoil 2 causes income to drop 14% *every turn*? Not to a stable state 14% below what it would be otherwise? Is that what you're saying?

Quote:

Every level of the death scale reduces population by 0.2% per turn. That province likely only started with a few hundred people.
That province started with several thousand actually (8k+, IIRC,) but it had a rather nasty event early on that knocked it down to about 1500. It was still going down 10 every turn two months after GoNB took effect. 320*.002=.64, it's a bit late for me to by doing math but that looks right? Rounded up to 1, I was still losing population an order of magnitude faster than that. I know at least one of those nasty globals Ermor had up increases turmoil, which now that I think about it had to be part of why my income was dropping so quickly. I don't remember anything in the game text about it increasing death as well, though, however it would certainly make sense for it to do that...