Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2018, 04:13 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Don,
Figured I'd put this here some pictures for you to consider for the Turkish M-60T. I got a little nostalgic and looked back into my first official Patch submission in "The FASTBOAT Patch page" on Pg.1 Post 3 Item A4 and below to M2 and the others below that.. I looked at the bottom of M2 and saw all those posts listed there and it took me a minute to realize they're posts from the this thread on the M-60T but, how confusing it must've been to see that and scratch your head and ask "OK for what Thread does he want me to look at!?!".

What a great upgrade project that was that IMI put together for that tank (They RESET 170 M-60A1 tanks to beyond the M-60A3 TTS. It had a 120mm L44 SB MG installed, NEW advanced FCS/KNIGHT III optics as carried on MERKAVA 4 and "the kicker" was it also was equipped with the same ceramic applique armor as the MERKAVA 4 as well, along with that, it also had Israeli ERA bolt on kits, which is some of the best in the world. These by definition (RESET) were brand new tanks.

But this is where my Turkish nightmare would begin. In fact I'll have to fix it again.

I hope I've improved since then, I liked the way my last flowed especially since that one which is like watching a tennis match, ADD, CHANGE, MODIFY (And isn't that the same as changing it? Well I didn't make that connection until later.) and DELETE. It would start again maybe in a different random order. No wonder Don would lose some hair back then!?!

Well anyway it could use a couple of new pictures as I believe we have two M-60T tanks in the game. So I'll leave you with 4 or 5 to chose from and these are Turkish and NOT Israeli M-60 SABRE series of tanks. That was the other confusing thing I remember concerning the M-60T people kept wanting to add that "SABRE" when the M-60T was truly a stand alone version built admittedly from some of the better aspects of the Israeli M-60 SABRE and made better as noted above concerning the MERKAVA aspects of it.

It's late here are those pictures and folks don't let me slip back "to the old days"...
Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60T Advancing.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	15172 Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60T on Patrol.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	15173
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-60T on stand-by.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	15174 Click image for larger version

Name:	M-60T OVERVIEW.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	15175

A little something for when I'm ready to tackle the TURKISH MBT RABBIT HOLE!! One big PITA!! And I ain't talking about the kind you eat! And they still use LEOPARD 1 tanks!!
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/Turkish-Tanks.php
https://tankandafvnews.com/2016/04/2...ornet-missile/
http://defense-update.com/20171026_m60_upgrades.html

Note Para 4 of the last ref. I found the comparison of ops between Turkey's LEOPARD 2A4 and M-60T most interesting.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 3rd, 2018 at 04:31 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: