View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:08 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cross country speeds

I am sorry I did not check the bicycle cross country speed, I think it should be walking pace but one more hex is Ok. You could also reasonably make it one less

I have looked in Mobhack and saw that there were two unused movement classes, I thought it might improve the game if one of these classes could be used to seperate out wheeled vehicles into all wheel drive (AWD) from those with undriven axles. And so I provided the list of wheeled vehicles and their number of driven axles. I then thought I should show the missing wheeled vehicles in case the change left gaps in the OObs and the missing vehicles could be used to plug the gaps. I am not saying include them in the game if it isnt neccessary.

Dividing the wheeled class into two would be good because you could replace the single wheeled group with two groups. A largely road bound wheeled group and another wheeled (AWD) group that can safely and speedily traverse rough country.
Many OObs have only a few vehicles with AWD. This will also affect the oobs that rely on Armoured cars that only have two wheeled drive but are presently using them like AWD vehicles.

In the tracked vehicle cross county speeds spreadsheet the Marder I 37L has a crosscountry speed of 6 hex but the book value of 8 kph translates to a hex speed of 3. Tiger 1 has a cross country hex speed of 6 but using the book speed it should be 3. At the other end of the list the Cromwell late has a crosscountry hex speed of 9 but using the book value this should be about 16

Of 150 vehicles listed 12 have a book crosscountry speed that matches yours.

If you can tell me what the kph to hex ratio should be I can tell you what the book crosscountry speeds are in hexs. If I divide book max speed by your max hex speeds then the answer varies from between .8 and 4.3. So it is hard to work out what that ratio should be.

Maybe the unused movement classes in mobhack can be used to put the book cross country speeds into the game?

It looks like one of the main factors affecting cross country speed is the vehicles horsepower versus its weight.