Thread: Any Man Advice
View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2007, 03:29 AM

Sergeant

OmikronWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Man Advice

Thanks for the all the useful information Doc, it really is a lot to take in a think about. A couple of questions though. Let me first say when I said shockwave I actually meant thunderstrike.

Do your calculations still hold when taking into 3-Drain domain? I believe that adds 30% to fatigue costs, to say nothing of increased MR to spells such as Master Enslave. And considering the lack of a research penalty for taking 3-Drain, it makes to much sense to pass that by. Sure, not all battles all fought on your domain, but a good portion of them must be.

Can there actually be a time when its useful to reduce the efficacy of archers for Man by casting spells like Mists of Deception or creating Storms? The fact that Man's heavy line infantry comes equiped with crossbows strikes backed by very long ranged archers strikes me as a big advantage for the nation. Cast wind guide and a lot more of those bolts hit. What I find is really helpful is the entire square of Defenders can fight if you set them to fire, as those in the back will shoot while those in the front stab.

Finally, can you clarify how Common Master/Slave distributes fatigue? Does the spell calculate how much fatigue the Master would have acquired had he cast the spell alone and then distribute it among the Slaves, or does it divided the given fatigue up and act like each slave/master cast the spell for that amount of fatigue and reduce it from there?

I'm sure I'll think of more thoughts later, but thats all for now, thanks a lot.