View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

Program Files (x86) is also "managed" by Windows vista/seven. No legacy code therefore should be installed there, ie any code that was written before the compulsory split into code (which remains in that tree, and cannot include even the programme's own .ini files etc) and data sections (the changeable user data now has to reside under each user's profile (each user is supposed to have his own individual ini file for the programme, save games etc). And the installers written before Windows Vista sometimes will install files that are meant to go into the programme's root directory under whatever user profile is current instead.

Using the full screen mod with the cmd file is not really required, since the desktop resolution of the full game (CD) version does away with the need for it. Thus it's merely a convenience for those who want to stick with the old antiquated style. We also point out the process for restoring the windows explorer in the help files.

The cmd file works perfectly well when called from the Game Options programme - since I developed that on a Dell laptop with the windows 7 O/S installed. However since this is windows seven, it may well barf depending on whatever flag you have set etc, whether it is Tuesday etc. or perhaps if you installed it in a memory stick (it refused to restore the desktop when I tried that on mine anyway). But as stated - the desktop resolution mode removes any need to use full-screen mode.

Cheers
Andy