Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cross country speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikkiwik View Post
Thank you DRG.
This post is in two parts this is PART 1

This is a list of the vehicles I think need to change movement classes.

SNIP - SNIP - SNIP------

Canada
These vehicles are class 0 default and should be class 4 tracked.
Arm'd Bulldozer (314)
Buffalo II (289)
Renault M1917 (278)
Renault M1917A1 (277)
Priest Kangaroo (195)
Buffalo IV (154)
Wasp Mk2C (128)
LVT-4 Amtrac (58)
Grizzly I (14)
Ram II (17)
Skink AA (18)
Ram I (19)
Churchill I (33)
Churchill III (34)
Churchill AVRE (37)
Crocodile (38)
Scorpion (39)
Ram Badger (42)
Priest (46)
Sexton (47)

It's too bad you didn't ask what class 0 default means in relation to unitclasses BEFORE you created these two lists.

I used this section of the Canadian list as an example......every one of those class 0 default units ARE TRACKED BY DEFAULT..... changing them and most of the others you have on that endless list to class 4 tracked would be a complete waste of my time as NOTHING would change to the way they move in the game as the "default" movement for the unitclasses is set in code, the ONLY reason to enter a value other than default would be to override the default and that snippet of tracked vehicles in the Canadian OOB you want me to change to class 4 tracked are already being treated as tracked BY DEFAULT

any "tank" class is tracked BY DEFAULT
so.......
light tanks are tracked BY DEFAULT
tankettes are tracked BY DEFAULT
Engineering tanks are tracked BY DEFAULT
etc
etc
etc..............

therefore for those unit classes and other " tanky" classes class 0 default = class 4 tracked

The reason there are tanks classed as 4 when others are classed as 0 is because early on the OOB's were done by various people many of whom didn't understand the way the game handles class 0 default either and went with the "safe" class 4 ........sometimes I've made things class 4 tracked when they could have been class 0 default .. " just because"..... just because I know it doesn't matter and either way gets what I want

another good example of not understanding how the game works and creating work for no reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikkiwik View Post
Poland
These vehicles are 4x2. They are class 0 default and should be class 2 wheel.

--SNIP LONG LIST----
for those vehicles in those unitclasses class 0 default IS class 2 wheel.

The ONLY things on these list worth considering are the handful of trucks classed as 2WD that should be AWD and vise versa BUT..... I have no desire or time to wade through all the assumptions you have made regarding class 0 default in those two lists so you have created a huge amount of work for yourself because you didn't think to ask what class 0 default represents in the game

Don

Last edited by DRG; October 6th, 2016 at 08:55 AM..