Thread: Attack order
View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attack order

Not quite.

In each turn, battles take place in order by province number either high to low or low to high. Apparently determined randomly. The first two turns I checked were in opposite order.
This mechanism is used in a lot of places. Ritual casting order is probably the other most obvious one.

It's possible that where the battle takes place in the case of armies crossing each other is determined by a similar mechanism, but I don't think that's been shown, and I don't have a case sitting around to check. It could also be based on nation id order.
All movement occurs before any movement caused battles occur, so the order battles happen in is not necessarily related to the order movement happens in.

The order of battles when 2 armies attack a 3rd nation's province is unlikely to be related to province number. More likely nation id order (or reversed nation id order). From observation, the battles will occur in the order least advantageous to me. How they play out when I'm not concerned is unknown. And irrelevant.