View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2003, 10:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5, Tell Aaron what\'s on your Wish List

Here's mine.

-Keep the modability, add to it.

-Simultanious multiplayer, like SE4 is now only improved (save before end of turn ability, especially)

-Real time combat is not worth sacraficing PBW style multiplayer. However, AI-run real time might work, and RT as a replacement for the current tactical mode would. As long as strategic is still there. Getting rid of the one fleet fires then the other situation is a Good Thing.

-Ability settings for most/all abilities. Say you could make a Self Destruct that works 50% of the time when the ship is boarded, a better one that works 75%, etc.

-Real-time rendered models are OK, but it's not important. Especially since programs like DOGA or Bryce will -not- be able to export to these (even with a filter- waaay too many polygons)

-Better intelligence system

-More free-form treaties. Say I want to offer just resupply and radioactives trade, for example.

-Have the AI ignore things it isn't set to respond to. For example currently you can ask it to leave a system and it will say yes or no. However it never does anything either way, so it should just ignore.

-The current system and planet view works fine. Maybe a few more (hidden?) details.

Phoenix-D

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger