Thread: online play??
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2017, 09:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: online play??

You can play secure hotseat games using passwords to protect from the other player looking at your files ( or you looking at his...) but it cannot be done remotely. You both have to be in the same room and that is not going to change because nobody is interested in setting up remote hot seat PBEM games if for no other reason that timezone and work schedule differences make playing real time difficult if not impossible for most players and it's rarely suggested. We do not have the fan base to support it....this is not "world of tanks". If we had 100X the interest and sales it *might* be worthwhile but we don't and I cannot see that ever changing

There has not been one case ever reported that I am aware of ( if there were it WOULD have been reported ! ) where one player has compromised another players computer with malicious files passed during normal PBEM games but a number of others on this thread have already made suggestions re: virisu scanners etc to protect your computer but as I said at the start of this paragraph....its NOT an issue.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....