View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2017, 06:24 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Confused Re: Russian Invasion of the Baltic States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
How are the Baltics in terms of terrain? I thought that in addition to all other problems they have, their terrain is not very defensible as well. Is anyone more familiar with this topic?
Generate a random map using batloc 123 or 124 or 125. (Finnish batlocs).

Run each batloc a reasonable amount of times to get the feel of each map code - say 6 times each.

Baltics may be a bit more urban than those Finnish maps, so you could edit in a paved road across the map, with a village or town plonked somewhere in the middle.

for the SP map tool, try

(dont bother saving the map for the editor - it is boringly flat!)

That was a randomish pick of a major road towards Vilnius (off map to the left) from the border (off map to the right) and for the country seems rather open - but towns and villages do seem to take up a lot of the non-field space that isn't pines.
HELP!

Okay I inserted the coordinates into the SP map tool at
http://www.venhola.com/maps/. It generated a flat map devoid of any features. What gives?

And the suggestion: "Generate a random map using batloc 123 or 124 or 125. (Finnish batlocs)." Batloc? Okay, Battle Location, got it.

So, back to the venhola generated maps. How are we to insert them in the game map editor? There is no .cmt file generated.

=====
The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post: